Addressing Disparities in Cancer Clinical Trials
Meeting HostGeorgia CORE (In conjunction with GASCO)
The Georgia Center for Oncology Research and Education (Georgia CORE) and the Georgia Society of Clinical Oncology (GASCO) are co-hosting a LIVE one-day statewide summit for oncology professionals to discuss overcoming barriers to clinical trial participation. Health equity requires that underserved populations in rural areas or defined by patient race, ethnicity or financial status have access to the best treatment options. At this summit we will:
- Provide experts to discuss evidence-based interventions with additional data and context for the target patient groups
- Create interactive breakout groups with the participants and experts to explore real-world ideas with those working with the target populations
- Present the conclusions and possible solutions to increase diversity and reduce barriers to clinical trial participation in Georgia.
Please attend and make sure your experiences and perspectives are part of the solution.
- Date: September 30, 2022
- Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Mercer University
University Center (President's Dining Room)
1501 Mercer University Drive
Macon, GA 31207
Statewide discussion of how to overcome barriers to access in cancer clinical trials.
To share information and provide recommendations and action steps you can use tomorrow to recruit more diverse participation in Georgia-based clinical trials.
- Oncology providers (Physicians, PAs, NPs, etc.),
- Research Managers and Coordinators,
- Cancer Patient Navigators
- $75 - Non-GASCO Member Ticket
- $75 - Pharmaceutical/Medical Representative Ticket
- $35 - GASCO Member Ticket